e-stim vs erostek

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
birdburdy
Active Developer

e-stim vs erostek

Post by birdburdy »

I'm looking to buy a new control box, with a budget somewhere around the £300 mark. What does the Series 2B have that the ErosTek 302R doesn't? They are around the same price, and the ErosTek adds in a remote too. Is there something special about the Series 2B?

Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth
admin
Site Admin

Re: e-stim vs erostek

Post by admin »

Hmmm... better display, more power, mains adaptor option, upgradability, easier controls... its that a good start?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Ostracman

Post by Ostracman »

I have been using Erostek 301R for some time, but have just purchased the e-stim 2B box.
Not really has chance to explore fully, but the reason I switched was the commander software.
Erostek never delivered on their promise of a digital link.
Once I have had a good play I will try and do a compare.
raymondo

Post by raymondo »

admin wrote:Hmmm... better display, more power, mains adaptor option, upgradability, easier controls... its that a good start?

Si
Hi,
What are the respective power outputs of the erostek and the e-stim?
Cheers
darkone
Active

Post by darkone »

The 2B is far more powerful than the 232. I had a 232 for a week and sold it. I love my new 2B.

D
Pain is only the start
Slick
Active

Post by Slick »

darkone wrote:The 2B is far more powerful than the 232. I had a 232 for a week and sold it. I love my new 2B.

D
Glad to hear that dark one. I sold a 312B as I wanted something more portable and was debating between the 232 or the 2B. Ending up ordering the 2B today but I was not sure if I did the right thing. Your post makes me feel better about my decision. Have you even used the 312B for comparison?
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

It's possible to use the 2B remotely too; I built a bluetooth adaptor, and created an app for Android, so it can be controlled that way. That gives you a lot more flexibility than most of the boxes built for remote use
Onwrikbaar
Active

Post by Onwrikbaar »

LondonSubNigel wrote:It's possible to use the 2B remotely too; I built a bluetooth adaptor, and created an app for Android, so it can be controlled that way. That gives you a lot more flexibility than most of the boxes built for remote use
You do some great work, LondonSubNigel! I'm working on something similar to wirelessly control the ET-312 from a smartphone.
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

I have a et232 and a 2B. The 2b is long way more powerful and flexible. And due to a little bug in beta software, I saw it can be even more powerful than never expected.
About quality signal, it's obvious that 2B still need more "polish", but they are making a good job. Continuous mode in et232 (called intense) feels more smooth and.stable. 2B is not so stable as expected, and feels like a runaway horse. (I can feel what seems an interference, making stimulus oscillate)
I think erostek modes are more "worked", and feels better than e-stim ones. The 2b has the potential to be better than all erostek devices, but still need, from my point of view, a lot of software development.
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

I actually own both now, and I have to say I wouldn't get rid of either. The ET-302R is great for BDSM play, because of the remote and how sudden the shocks feel, but it doesn't have the versatility of the 2B. Being able to program the 2B gives endless possibilities, and there is more control over how the modes feel. Oh and the lifetime warranty is amazing too.
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth