Popper trainer audio

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Switchm8

Popper trainer audio

Post by Switchm8 »

New to 2B - particularly invested because of audio capability so within first weekend's investigation decided to hook the audio into a favourite popper video (after working out how not to get fried on accidental volume levels - yes it sort of happened etc.)
Worked a treat after finding the right levels:
Marcotureno popper
http://www.xtube.com/video-watch/Popper ... e-25990081

But is there any way of fine tuning the response to the audio track? Is there software that will 'listen' to the audio like the 2b box does so that you can then refine/ improve on the experience?
Maybe somebody's already got there...
Any repositories of audio tracks out there? - they seem more interesting than the presets.

Roamer
Active

Re: Popper trainer audio

Post by Roamer »

I am really a fan of audio files and I use them frequently.

A few of things. You can create your own audio files using something like Audacity. You can play around with them until you get them to where you like them. There is a bit of a learning curve however.

You also have to take into account how the 2B processes audio. It doesn't just pass the signal through but does some sort of processing on the audio which changes it from its original state. What this means is that files that are created for a stereo stim unit will often not feel the same on the 2B. This doesn't mean they will feel bad but if your used to them on a stereo stim unit you won't get the same experience on the 2B. This isn't a flaw of the 2B its just a different approach. Some experimentation will be necessary to find files you like and which work well with the 2B.

One source for files is the Smartstim web site. However while you can sign up for free in order to get access to download the files you need to make a donation to the site. Most of those files are created for a stereo stim unit so that needs to be kept in mind. As I say you need to try the files and find the ones that you like. How they are described on the forum may not be how they perform on the 2B because of the audio processing.

I really like the 2B but because it doesn't sometimes process audio files the way I would like I have other devices that I use which deal with audio diffently. It all depends on the file that I want to use and the experience I am trying to create.

There is new software on the way for the 2B and making changes to the way audio works with the device is something that is in the works. No idea how that may change the experience but given the work that is going into the new firmware I dare say that it will be an improvement over the current version.