Feedback about 2.104 modes versus 2.09 modes

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Epithumia

Re: Feedback about 2.104 modes versus 2.09 modes

Post by Epithumia »

Can I just suggest that the fact that different modes start at different levels is an important safety issue.

While getting to grips with this unit, I've had some nasty belts as a result of quickly dialling it up to 30, thinking I won't even feel it until 40, only to find it was one of the modes where I can only take 20!

And if you made this mistake while using it on someone else over a remote network, the effect of that mistake could be rather alarming.

For preference, I like it if the sensation starts at a higher value, simply because it gives me finer adjustment: a workable range of 40-60 is better than 10-15.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its not a safety issue as there is no danger or issue to the safety of the user - getting a jolt from setting a higher level might be uncomfortable but is not a safety issue.

We always suggest starting at low and working up this reduced the issues as mentioned. The problem we have is individuals responses to different levels will vary from person to person, so even if the test team feel the levels all start the same, someone will come along and say 'no that level feels different to me', its a never ending cycle of testing editing and more testing, its why the new code versions are taking so long to release to the public.

I would be interested if you could drop me a PM with the levels where you feel it at, that way we can look at the scaling we are using - I might even try to setup a poll.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
beitme
Active

Post by beitme »

I've never used the old firmware versions, however I do agree with the feedback on the latest version.

Did the old firmware have difficulty handling rapid encoder knob changes? I think that this issue hampers the tickle mode somewhat, in addition to being able to change channel power output levels quickly.

I'm happy to help out testing new firmware if this helps! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rapid encoder changes caused issues with our original test team, so we deliberately smoothed out the response. We can of course change these so I'll look to see if we can make it an option.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
tumblrjoeb
Active

Post by tumblrjoeb »

Hi,

Any news on when the new version will be out?

Regards

Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not yet, although we do have a new version of Commander out.
E-Stim Systems Ltd